Sunday, January 27, 2008

The guy who gave me my start


That's me on the left with brother-in-law Randy Oler who was the guy who coaxed me into going for a round one fateful Sunday afternoon. Randy is one of those guys that can't sit still so he dragged me off to a busy course where I demonstrated that I was far from a competent golfer. Still I managed a few (very few) good hits and it was the start of a love/hate relationship with golf. Nine years later my skill level has improved to the extent that I find the game a lot more enjoyable but every golfer is always striving to get better. I remember how long it took to break 100 and then 90. I flirt with 80 once in awhile now but still haven't broken through that barrier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's 2 handsome guys! And not a beard to be seen ;)
Luv ya, Wendy

Anonymous said...

Did you mean to call Randy your "bother-in-law" or did you mean "brother-in-law"?